Friday, May 9, 2008

Hiya!

So I finally acquiesced to the various requests that I start writing again (ok there was only about two mentions that I should...but any excuse to divert myself from my three research papers is a good one). Besides my middle school days when I used to write riveting entires on Xanga everyday that went like, "Oh.my.word, today was spectacular! I ate a grilled cheese sandwich and THREE homemade cookies. Then I IMed Hannah all day long since I didn't have to do math today!", I really haven't ever tried this whole blogging thing. However, since school's almost over forever (or at least until I actually go away to college) I figured this could be a good side thing to do as I try to stay in touch with people that I know or just rant about my various daily epiphanies (those of you that used to read my e-mails know just how exciting those daily epiphanies are). Anyway, in case anyone actually reads this (which I doubt will happen) here's a warning: I often don't make sense. That's no newsflash, but when I write it tends to be a freewrite that's basically me spitting out everything that's on my mind, often in poetic form. But hey, if you're ever in need of a laugh or a reason to mock my intellectual style...feel free to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manders, you conern me.......you once ate THREE homemade cookies in once setting? That's very unhealthy. It's ok though, I'll be praying for you and anytime you need to talk, just call.

Anonymous said...

haha this is why we are friends, so we can be random together.
Seriously tho, there is a real style of writing where the author just writes everything and anything that pops into his head. I forget what it's called, but there is an entire novel, The Portrit of the Artist as a Young Man, that is written like this.